- Cooking Time: 4-6
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
BackstoryWhether you're growing zucchini in your own garden or buying them at markets, you've no doubt come across the beautiful big yellow blooms of a zucchini plant. They may not be fragrant but they sure do taste good
- vegetable oil
- 6 zucchini blossoms
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 garlic clove, mince
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- pinch of lemon zest
- 1 1/4 cups of flour
- good pinch of salt, plus more before serving
- 12 oz beer
- Heat a large saucepan or pot with 2" of vegetable oil over medium - high heat.
- Combine the cheese, garlic, green onion and lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Carefully open the pedals of the flower and work about 1-2 TB of the cheese mixture into each blossom.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, pinch of salt and beer. Whisk until almost smooth. The batter should be like pancake batter, with a few lumps. Don't over mix...you'll lose the body that the beer provides. Feel free to add more flour or beer if needed to get the desired consistency.
- Working in batches, carefully dip and roll the stuffed blossoms in the batter. allowing excess to drip off before placing into the hot oil. ***BE very careful as the oil will spit and splatter due to the wetness from the ricotta cheese.
- Fry for 2 - 3 minutes, turning once, until golden brown. Remove from oil and let drain on rack. Sprinkle with salt.
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Gluten Free Vietnamese Perogies
Campbell's Kitchen Slow Cooker Bacon Potato ChowderSee More