- Cooking Time: 4-6
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- vegetable oil
- 6 zucchini blossoms
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 garlic clove, mince
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- pinch of lemon zest
- 1 1/4 cups of flour
- good pinch of salt, plus more before serving
- 12 oz beer
- Heat a large saucepan or pot with 2" of vegetable oil over medium - high heat.
- Combine the cheese, garlic, green onion and lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Carefully open the pedals of the flower and work about 1-2 TB of the cheese mixture into each blossom.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, pinch of salt and beer. Whisk until almost smooth. The batter should be like pancake batter, with a few lumps. Don't over mix...you'll lose the body that the beer provides. Feel free to add more flour or beer if needed to get the desired consistency.
- Working in batches, carefully dip and roll the stuffed blossoms in the batter. allowing excess to drip off before placing into the hot oil. ***BE very careful as the oil will spit and splatter due to the wetness from the ricotta cheese.
- Fry for 2 - 3 minutes, turning once, until golden brown. Remove from oil and let drain on rack. Sprinkle with salt.
NotesWhether you're growing zucchini in your own garden or buying them at markets, you've no doubt come across the beautiful big yellow blooms of a zucchini plant. They may not be fragrant but they sure do taste good
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More