- Cooking Time: 180
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 15
BackstoryThis recipe came from the mother of my good friend, Michael. Since she rarely shared her "ingredients and ways", I was more than a little honored to receive this, written in her own hand!
Misplaced for a few years, when it was rediscovered in a little-used kitchen drawer, I made certain to add it to my recipe card file and a few cooking sites I visit regularly.
My reason for posting this? Simply because food holds no flavor until it is shared. Please enjoy!
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Coat a 9" springform pan with cooking spray.
- Beat ricotta cheese, cream cheese and sour cream together until smooth.
- Add all other ingredients, butter last.
- Mix on medium speed until well combined and smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Place pan in a cold oven.
- Turn oven temperature to 325 degrees F. for 1 hour.
- Turn the oven off after the hour has gone.
- DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR!
- Allow cheesecake to sit in oven undisturbed for 2 hours.
- Remove from oven to wire rack.
- Do not open springform lock.
- Allow to cool for 1 hour.
- Cake will have pulled away from the sides of the pan.
- Open springform and allow to cool for another hour.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Cool completely.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- This cheesecake can be dressed with various fruits of the seasons, chocolate drizzles or whatever strikes your fancy.