- Cooking Time: 180
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 15
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Coat a 9" springform pan with cooking spray.
- Beat ricotta cheese, cream cheese and sour cream together until smooth.
- Add all other ingredients, butter last.
- Mix on medium speed until well combined and smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Place pan in a cold oven.
- Turn oven temperature to 325 degrees F. for 1 hour.
- Turn the oven off after the hour has gone.
- DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR!
- Allow cheesecake to sit in oven undisturbed for 2 hours.
- Remove from oven to wire rack.
- Do not open springform lock.
- Allow to cool for 1 hour.
- Cake will have pulled away from the sides of the pan.
- Open springform and allow to cool for another hour.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Cool completely.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- This cheesecake can be dressed with various fruits of the seasons, chocolate drizzles or whatever strikes your fancy.
NotesThis recipe came from the mother of my good friend, Michael. Since she rarely shared her "ingredients and ways", I was more than a little honored to receive this, written in her own hand!
Misplaced for a few years, when it was rediscovered in a little-used kitchen drawer, I made certain to add it to my recipe card file and a few cooking sites I visit regularly.
My reason for posting this? Simply because food holds no flavor until it is shared. Please enjoy!