- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pie pastry, homemade or bought
- 500g/1lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- 500g ricotta (or 250g/8.8 oz. ricotta and 250g/8.8 oz. soft goat cheese)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- The zest of one unwaxed lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Dried basil, or about 10 leaves fresh basil, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/425°F and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes with the olive oil and basil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the tomatoes on a baking tray, cut side up, and bake on the upper rack for about 15 minutes, until softened slightly.
- In the same bowl as the tomatoes, mix the cheese(s) with the lemon zest and juice, some salt and pepper. I used ground Sichuan pepper for a special fresh kick.
- Prepare your dough (you’ll find the recipe for the pastry here) or line a baking pan with parchment paper and roll out your pastry, making sure you push the pastry well into the corners.
- Prick all over the bottom with a fork or weigh your pastry down with some baking beans. It will prevent your pastry from puffing up while blind-baking.
- Once your tomatoes are roasted, lower your oven temperature to 180°C/350°F, and bake your pastry for about 10-15 minutes.
- Allow your pastry to cool for a few minutes before spreading the cheese mix on top.
- Arrange your roasted tomatoes on top and bake for another 30-40 minutes, or until your pastry is cooked through.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Summertime SippersSee More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More