- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI have made a few changes to the orginal recipe; which I will mark with an astrick*. With my changes, we sometimes eat this for our meal with just a side of hot garlic bread.
- 12 oz. Rigatoni, cooked and drained
- 1 medium bell pepper(any color), cut
- into narrow strips
- 1/2 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bag frozen snow peas, thawed OR 1
- box frozen sweet peas*, thawed
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 red onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup of cubed ham or sliced
- 1 to 2 cups, chopped greens, such as
- Arugula, or other feathery letuce
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- grated parmesan(optional)
- Combine all ingredients except parmesan cheese in a large salad bowl.
- Toss gently to mix and coat all ingredients well. Garnish with the parmesan cheese if desired.