- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Serves 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Bunch Broccoli (about 1 1/4 Pounds)
- 1/4 Cup Oliv Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves,thinly sliced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 8 Ounces Rigatoni
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Greated Pecorino Romano or Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Trim the broccoli and cut into bite-sized pieces. Bring 4 quarts of cold water to a boil in a large pot. Add the broccoli and salt to taste. Cook for 5 minutes. Scoop out the broccoli with a small sieve. Reserve the cooking water in a pot.
- Pour the oil into a skillet large enough to hold all ingredients.Add the garlic and red pepper and cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes, or until the garlic is lightly golden. Add the broccoli and a pinch of salt. Cook,stirring occasionally,for 10 minutes,or until the broccoli is very soft.
- Meanwhile,bring the water back to a boil.Add the rigatoni and cook,stirring frequently,until the past is not quit tender. Scoop out about 1 cup of cooking water and set it aside. Drain the rigatoni and add it to the skillet with the broccoli.Add the reserved cooking water and cook,stirring often,for 5 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with cheese,toss and serve immediately.
NotesI Found This Recipe In The Sopranos Family Cookbook and It Has Become A Family Favorite,Everyone In Our Family Enjoys Its!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More