- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 Anaheim or poblano chile pepper, seeded and very thinly sliced (I used a jalapeno pepper)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus vegetable oil for frying
- Combine dry mix with egg, 2 tablespoons oil and milk to make batter then stir in the chile peppers, corn and cheddar.
- Heat a thin layer of vegetable oil in a large skillet and cook 6 small cakes, 3 inches each at a time for 2 to 3 minutes on the first side and 1 to 2 minutes on the second side, until evenly deep golden in color.
- Transfer to a towel lined plate and salt the fritter cakes. Repeat, adding and heating a little additional oil for the second batch.
- (I used a heaping soup spoon of batter and used my finger to remove the batter off the spoon and it made perfect size fritters. They rose so nicely and puffy!)
NotesI found this recipe surfing, I believe at the Taste of Home Conversation Recipe site.
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage Holiday Hoagie
Butternut Squash Medley
coffee toffee cookiesSee More