- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 chicken thighs (3 pounds)
- ½ cup pitted prunes (about 3 ¼ ounces)
- ¼ cup pimento-stuffed green olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup Rioja or other red wine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Place garlic slices in the bottom of crock pot. Combine flour, salt & pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour mixture. Lay the chicken over garlic.
- Spread prunes, olives and thyme on top of chicken.
- Combine all ingredients for the sauce (Note: you can use chicken broth in place of the wine). Pour over chicken.
- Cover, cook on high for 1 hour, reduce heat to low, cook 7 hours.
This recipe is from Cooking Light, although I have modified it a bit. This is one of my favorite "company" meals because it is so good, and the ingredients are such a surprise.