- Cooking Time: 18
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cup Arborio rice
- 3 - 4 oz Pancetta
- 4 oz Gorgonzola, crumbled and divided
- 1 scallion chopped white and green part
- 3 – 4 cups Chicken Stock
- salt and green pepper to taste
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 TB unsalted butter
- Add 1 TB Olive oil to a saucepan set over medium heat, sauté until almost crispy.
- Add the scallions and sweat for a few minutes – until wilted and transparent, but not brown.
- Add the rice, together with a pinch of salt and a grind or two of black pepper.
- Cook Stirring constantly over medium heat for about 4 minutes.
- Add the first ladle of broth and cook; stirring until broth is absorbed.
- Continue in this manner until the rice is al dente.
- Add half of the gorgonzola and the TB of Butter to the pot; stir until melted
- Cover and let rest for 3 minutes.
- Serve with remaining Gorgonzola sprinkled over the top.
NotesJust another risotto recipe, sprung from a lack of ingredients and sheer laziness regarding a trip to the market for Beef broth, a Bell Pepper and some Heavy Cream.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More