- Cooking Time: 18
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cup Arborio rice
- 3 - 4 oz Pancetta
- 4 oz Gorgonzola, crumbled and divided
- 1 scallion chopped white and green part
- 3 – 4 cups Chicken Stock
- salt and green pepper to taste
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 TB unsalted butter
- Add 1 TB Olive oil to a saucepan set over medium heat, sauté until almost crispy.
- Add the scallions and sweat for a few minutes – until wilted and transparent, but not brown.
- Add the rice, together with a pinch of salt and a grind or two of black pepper.
- Cook Stirring constantly over medium heat for about 4 minutes.
- Add the first ladle of broth and cook; stirring until broth is absorbed.
- Continue in this manner until the rice is al dente.
- Add half of the gorgonzola and the TB of Butter to the pot; stir until melted
- Cover and let rest for 3 minutes.
- Serve with remaining Gorgonzola sprinkled over the top.
NotesJust another risotto recipe, sprung from a lack of ingredients and sheer laziness regarding a trip to the market for Beef broth, a Bell Pepper and some Heavy Cream.
Cooking with Sabra
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More