- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 C Low Sodium Veggie Broth
- 1 Clove Garlic -- finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp Onions -- finely chopped
- 1 Tsp Lemon Zest -- grated
- 3/4 C Short-Grain Rice -- (risotto)
- 1 Lb Fresh Asparagus - cleaned 1" lengths
- Pour stock into saucepan.
- Bring to boil and let simmer over low heat.
- In a heavy skillet, saute garlic and onions in water or sm. amount of stock over low heat until onions turn soft.
- Add lemon zest and rice.
- Stir with a fork until rice is well coated.
- Add one cup warm stock; cook over low heat until liquid is absorbed, stirring occas. with a fork.
- Repeat with another cup of stock.
- Then add remaining 1/2 C stock.
- When absorbed, rice should be done.
- Steam asparagus.
- Add asparagus to risotto just before serving.
- NOTES: Cal 162
- Fat 0.3 g
- Carbs 34.3 g
- Protein 10.9 g
- Sodium 363 mg
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- CFF 1.7%
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More