RISOTTO WITH FRESH ASPARAGUS
- 2 1/2 C Low Sodium Veggie Broth
- 1 Clove Garlic -- finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp Onions -- finely chopped
- 1 Tsp Lemon Zest -- grated
- 3/4 C Short-Grain Rice -- (risotto)
- 1 Lb Fresh Asparagus - cleaned 1" lengths
Pour stock into saucepan.
Bring to boil and let simmer over low heat.
In a heavy skillet, saute garlic and onions in water or sm. amount of stock over low heat until onions turn soft.
Add lemon zest and rice.
Stir with a fork until rice is well coated.
Add one cup warm stock; cook over low heat until liquid is absorbed, stirring occas. with a fork.
Repeat with another cup of stock.
Then add remaining 1/2 C stock.
When absorbed, rice should be done.
Add asparagus to risotto just before serving.
NOTES: Cal 162
Fat 0.3 g
Carbs 34.3 g
Protein 10.9 g
Sodium 363 mg
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g