- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 C Low Sodium Veggie Broth
- 1 Clove Garlic -- finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp Onions -- finely chopped
- 1 Tsp Lemon Zest -- grated
- 3/4 C Short-Grain Rice -- (risotto)
- 1 Lb Fresh Asparagus - cleaned 1" lengths
- Pour stock into saucepan.
- Bring to boil and let simmer over low heat.
- In a heavy skillet, saute garlic and onions in water or sm. amount of stock over low heat until onions turn soft.
- Add lemon zest and rice.
- Stir with a fork until rice is well coated.
- Add one cup warm stock; cook over low heat until liquid is absorbed, stirring occas. with a fork.
- Repeat with another cup of stock.
- Then add remaining 1/2 C stock.
- When absorbed, rice should be done.
- Steam asparagus.
- Add asparagus to risotto just before serving.
- NOTES: Cal 162
- Fat 0.3 g
- Carbs 34.3 g
- Protein 10.9 g
- Sodium 363 mg
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- CFF 1.7%
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More