- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup Arborio or Vialone Nano
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups simmering vegetable broth
- 8 zucchini blossoms; Thinly sliced
- 3 TB freshly grated Asiago d’Allevo
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 2 TB Olive oil
- 3/4 cup sparkling Prosecco (warm)
- 3 TB unsalted butter
- Salt and Fresh Ground Green Pepper
- Gently Wash the blossoms, removing the stems and pistils, pat the blossoms dry and slice thinly.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat and sweat the shallot until it has becomes translucent, but not brown.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, until the grains have become translucent; about 4 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of the Prosecco and stir until absorbed.
- Begin adding the broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until each addition is absorbed.
- When the rice is almost done stir in the zucchini blossoms.
- When rice is al dente, remove from heat, stir in Asiago and 3 TB butter. Cover and let stand for about 5 minutes. Remove cover and stir in the remaining warm Prosecco. Serve.
NotesLook for Zucchini blossoms in the spring at you local farmers market. This will work with crook-neck squash blossoms as well.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More