RISOTTO ALLA BURRO TARTUFO DI ALBA
Risotto alla Burro Tartufo di Alba
- Cooking Time: 18
- Servings: 6
- 2 1/2 – 3 1/2 cups Chicken Stock (or Lamb or Duck)
- 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cups Arborio, Carnaroli or Vialone Nano rice
- 1/4 cup Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc
- 1/4 cup grated Parmagiano-Reggiano cheese,
- plus more for serving
- 2 Tbs. white truffle butter, plus more for serving
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the broth to simmer. Reduce the heat to low and keep the broth warm.
In a risotto pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil.
Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
Add the rice and stir until the grains are translucent enough to see the white spot in the center of the grain, about 3 minutes.
Add the wine and stir until absorbed, about 2 minutes.
Begin adding the broth 1 ladleful (1/4 cup) at a time, stirring frequently after each addition. Wait until the broth is almost completely absorbed before adding more.
When the rice is tender but firm to the bite, after 18 to 20 minutes, stir in the 1/4 cup cheese, then the 2 TB white truffle butter.
Season with salt and pepper.
Cover and let stand for 3 minutes before serving
Serve the risotto in individual bowls and top each portion with about 1/2 tsp. truffle butter - or - white truffle shavings if you can.
Pass more cheese at the table.
Perfectly paired with pan seared Duck Breast, a Frisee salad with Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette and a bottle of Caramel Road Pinot Noir from Monterey, CA