RISOTTO ALLA LIMONE
Risotto alla Limone
- Servings: 4
- 3 - 3 1/2 cups Chicken or Vegetable Stock (If using Salted stock, leave out the Kosher salt)
- 3 TB Unsalted Butter, divided
- 1 Medium shallot, diced
- 1 Clove of Garlic, Minced
- 1 cup Arborio or Carnaroli rice (Arborio is easier to find)
- 1/2 cup room temperature dry white wine (Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio)
- 2 TB grated Asiago d'Allevo, Grana Padano, or Parmagiano-Reggiano
- 2 TB Mascarpone cheese (Although you can use Creme Fraiche)
- 1/2 a lemon, zested and juiced
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp finely ground White Pepper
- optional - Pine Nuts to garnish
Bring the stock to a simmer in a small sauce pan over low heat. Cover to keep it hot .
In a medium, heavy saucepan, melt 2 TB of the butter over medium heat.
Add the shallot and sweat until it begins to turn translucent; then add the garlic and continue to sweat for another minute
Add the rice and stir to coat with the butter. (This is very similar to making a rice pilaf).
Add the room temperature wine and simmer until it has almost evaporated, about 3 minutes.
Add 1/2 cup of simmering broth and stir until almost completely absorbed, about 2 minutes.
Continue adding the broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring frequently and allowing each addition of the broth to absorb and pull the starch out of the rice before adding the next, until the rice is tender but still al dente and the mixture is creamy, about 18 - 20 minutes. (Which is pretty standard for Risotto)
Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining tablespoon of butter, 2 TB of grated cheese, mascarpone cheese, the lemon zest and juice, and the salt and pepper.
Cover and allow to rest for 3-5 minutes.
Serve with a lemon slice and a sprinkle of pine nuts
Serves 4 as a side dish