- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1-1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup diced browned onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced (I used 3)
- 1 cup corn, frozen or fresh
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan bring broth to a simmer; adjust heat to keep barely simmering.
- In another saucepan, combine rice, pepper, onion, garlic, and 3 cups of the hot vegetable broth.
- Bring mixture to a simmer over moderately high heat, adjust heat to maintain a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add more hot broth 1 cup at a time, stirring often and waiting until the rice has absorbed most of the liquid before adding more.
- After 8 more minutes, the rice should still be a little firm to the bite, and it should have absorbed about 5 cups total liquid.
- If the rice seems underdone or the mixture seems dry, add a little more liquid.
- Risotto should be creamy, but not soupy.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More