- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1-1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup diced browned onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced (I used 3)
- 1 cup corn, frozen or fresh
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan bring broth to a simmer; adjust heat to keep barely simmering.
- In another saucepan, combine rice, pepper, onion, garlic, and 3 cups of the hot vegetable broth.
- Bring mixture to a simmer over moderately high heat, adjust heat to maintain a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add more hot broth 1 cup at a time, stirring often and waiting until the rice has absorbed most of the liquid before adding more.
- After 8 more minutes, the rice should still be a little firm to the bite, and it should have absorbed about 5 cups total liquid.
- If the rice seems underdone or the mixture seems dry, add a little more liquid.
- Risotto should be creamy, but not soupy.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage Casserole
Vanilla Crunch Clouds
Fruity With a Touch of ZingSee More