- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onion (about 1 large)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 8 ounces sweet turkey Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 cup Arborio rice or other medium-grain rice
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- Bring broth and 1/2 cup water to a simmer in a medium saucepan (do not boil). Keep warm over low heat.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and sugar to pan; sauté 7 minutes or until onion is golden. Place onion mixture in a small bowl; set aside.
- Removing casings from sausage. Add sausage to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Add chopped shallots; sauté 2 minutes. Add Arborio rice; sauté 30 seconds. Stir in white wine; cook 45 seconds or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly. Stir in 1 cup hot broth; cook 2 minutes or until the liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly. Add remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next (about 20 minutes total). Remove from heat; stir in reserved onion, arugula, and remaining ingredients.
- Calories:390 (24% from fat)
- Fat:10.3g (sat 3.6g,mono 3.6g,poly 1.4g)
NotesThis is an easy risotto recipe that I made last Sunday night from Cooking Light. It took me much longer to carmelize the onions than what is stated in the recipe. I was not too keen on the taste of the arugula, next time I may use baby spinach.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More