- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 2 t. clarified butter
- 2 t. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 C. arborio¹ rice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 scallions, minced
- kosher salt
- white pepper
- 1 C. stock
- 1 C. white wine
- 1/4 C. parmesan
- Warm butter and oil in a 3 quart saucier² over medium-low heat. Add rice, stir to coat then add onion and garlic, sauté until the onion starts to brown.
- Combine wine and stock.
- Add salt, pepper and about 1/4 of the liquid, stir well and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally. When most of the liquid has been absorbed stir in just enough to cover the rice.
- Continue to cook slowly and stir occasionally, make additions of liquid as it’s absorbed until all of the stock has been used. Do not allow the rice to dry out.
- The rice should be al dente when done. Stir in cheese and serve immediately.
NotesMost short grain rice should work.
A saucepan can be used, be sure to stir the rice out of the corner where the bottom and sides come together.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More