- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Whole eggplants
- 2 T olive oil
- Optional Ingredients:
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Ground pepper
- Finely chopped onions
- Cook washed, whole eggplant using either the (1) barbeque or (2) oven method:
- (1) "Barbecue" on gas stove by placing eggplant on burner over flame. It will char on outside and be soft inside in about 5 minutes per side (consider an eggplant as having 2 sides).
- (2) In oven: put whole eggplant on ungreased metal pie pan. Cook 10-20 minutes until soft.
- Put eggplant in shallow bowl to cool.
- Peel eggplant. A few small pieces of charred skin left on the eggplant won't hurt the taste.
- Make transverse cuts about 1/2" apart, then mash eggplant with a fork to fluffy consistency.
- Add olive oil and any of the optional ingredients.
- Eat cold.
Using the "barbeque" (stove-top) cooking method imparts a slightly charred, smoky flavor to the eggplant.
Keeps in refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free Mama
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
The Best Dang Little Dumplings Ever
Steamed Sweet Coconut Parcels
HERBED SALMONSee More