- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 c buttermilk
- 1 1/2 sleeves Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1/2 c oil
- Trim chicken and either slice or cut into nuggets.
- Place in a ziploc bag and add buttermilk.
- Marinate for 8 hours to 2 days (it is supposed to have its fullest flavor at 2 days).
- After marinating, place crushed crackers in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium to medium high heat.
- Take pieces of chicken directly from buttermilk and place in bowl of crumbs and coat with the crumbs.
- Place coated chicken in pan and cook until golden brown and juices run clear.
NotesI made this for dinner tonight and the kids ate all of their chicken before they ate anything else. I used regular Ritz crackers but you could use flavored if you prefer. This recipe came from Nigella Lawson, the Domestic Goddess on foodnetwork. For the full flavor and tenderness do not marinate for less than 8 hours!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More