- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 8 cups milk
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded citrus zest (orange, lemon, or lime)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup cold milk
- 1 tablespoon corn flour (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In pot over moderately high heat, bring milk to slight boil. Add rice and stir well until boil returns. Reduce heat to medium-low and gently simmer uncovered 30 minutes. Make sure to stir regularly so milk does not congeal or stick to sides and/or bottom of pot.
- 2. Add sugar, vanilla, and citrus rind; continue to simmer and occasionally stir another 10 minutes.
- 3. Beat egg yolks with cold milk; whisk in corn flour and mix well.
- 4. After 10 minutes in Step 2, pour egg yolk mixture into pot; whisk well to incorporate. Simmer another 3-5 minutes, until thick.
- 5. Remove from heat. Using ladle, spoon out mixture into bowls. Let stand 1 hour to cool. Sprinkle with cinnamon and garnish with curls of shaved citrus rind.
- 6. Serves 6-8.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More