- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
BackstoryThis recipe is a favorite among my Dad's side of the family. In fact, we can count on it being at almost every holiday gathering. All of my aunts and cousins, along with myself, make it for our families. The first time I made this after was when my in-laws came for a weekend visit, a week after we returned from our honeymoon. My mother-in-law loved it, and asked for the recipe. I knew then that if my mother-in-law asked for the recipe, it was a good one!
Submitted by: "Annalisa Morgan"
- I lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped onion, optional
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 can ro-tel tomatoes
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar, or sliced velveeta (whatever you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Brown hamburger meat, with bell pepper and onion, if using bell pepper and onion. Drain.
- Add instant rice and ro-tel. Cook 5-10 minutes, stirring often, until rice is fluffy.
- Reduce heat.
- Add soups. Cook 10-15 minutes, stirring often, until everything is blended well, and heated thoroughly.
- Pour into casserole dish, and bake for 25 minutes.
- Top with cheese, and bake five more minutes, or until cheese melts.