- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1x quantity of shortcrust pastry, rolled about 3-5mm thick (I had some home made in my freezer, thank god!)
- 1 cup butternut pumpkin, cut into a large dice
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthways and cut into roughly 5mm thick slices
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and roughly diced
- 1 red bell pepper (capsicum), core and seeds removed and roughly diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped semi sundried tomatoes
- 1 large bulb of garlic
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C, then toss together the pumpkin and sweet potato in a light drizzle of olive oil and place on a lined baking tray. Slice the top off the garlic bulb, drizzle a little olive oil over the top and wrap in some foil, then place the pumpkin, sweet potato and garlic bulb in the oven to bake for about 20 minutes, or till soft enough to poke with a fork.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and fry the capsicum till softened, then add the zucchini and mushroom and fry till softened. Place the fried veggies in a bowl and once the pumpkin and sweet potato have roasted, add them along with the semi sundried tomatoes to the bowl as well.
- 3. Once the garlic is soft enough to squish, remove from the oven (about the same time that you take out the pumpkin) and unwrap it and leave it to cool so that you can handle it, and reduce oven temperature to 180 degrees C. While that’s cooling, mix together the cream, eggs and parmesan then add to the veggies and mix to combine, then season with some salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- 4. Once the garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze out all the roasted garlic into the veggie mix and stir it through so everything is well combined. Line your tart tin with your pastry, then pour in the egg and veggies on top of the pastry and place it in the oven to bake for about 20 minutes or till the eggs have set.
- 5. Leave to cool and firm up slightly, then slice up and enjoy
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More