- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 servings
- Preparation Time:
- 12 ozs chinese egg noodles (thin dried)
- 2 tbsps sesame oil
- 3 tbsps soy sauce
- 11/2 tbsps oyster sauce
- 11/2 tbsps chinese rice wine (or dry sherry)
- 11/2 tsps honey
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 11/2 tsps minced garlic
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (minced or grated)
- 3 scallions (cut into 2-inch lengths)
- 41/2 shiitake mushrooms (fresh, thinly sliced)
- 1/2 lb barbecued pork (Chinese, store-bought or homemade, cut into small, bite-sized pieces)
- 1. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook according to the package instructions until al dente, or the minimum amount of time suggested by the package. Drain the noodles, rinse under cold water, and drain again, shaking well to remove excess water. Return the noodles to the pot, toss with the sesame oil until the noodles are well coated, and set aside.
- 2. Prepare the sauce: In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice wine, and honey. Set aside.
- 3. Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat until a bead of water sizzles and evaporates on contact. Add the peanut oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Add the garlic, ginger, and scallions and stir-fry until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms and cook until softened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 4. Add the noodles and pork. Pour in the sauce mixture and toss with tongs or chopsticks until the noodles and pork are heated through and well coated with sauce. Transfer to a platter and serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More