Roast poussin and sweet potatoes
2 tbsp garlic oil or wok oil (or use a blend of vegetable oil, sesame oil and crushed garlic)
1 sweet potato, weighing approximately 500g/1lb, skin on
¼ tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
large bunch watercress
squeeze lime juice, to taste
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
2. Place the birds into a baking dish or deep baking tray and drizzle over one tablespoon of the oil.
3. Cut the unpeeled sweet potatoes into 5cm/2in cubes and place them into another baking dish.
4. Drizzle over the remaining tablespoon of oil and sprinkle over the ground cumin and cinnamon. Gently shake the tin to combine the ingredients.
5. Transfer both the poussins and the sweet potatoes to the oven and roast for 45 minutes, or until the poussins are completely cooked through and the sweet potatoes are tender.
6. To serve, place each poussin onto a plate with a handful of watercress and the sweet potatoes alongside.
7. Season, to taste, with sea salt or kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and squeeze over a little lime juice.