Roast with Onion and Mushroom Gravy
1 2.5 lb boneless beef chuck shoulder roast, trimmed
3/4 teaspoon pepper
1 14-oz can low-sodium beef broth
1 10.75 oz can cream of mushroom w/ roasted garlic soup
1 1 oz envelope dry onion soup mix
1 package white mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
1. Sprinkle roast with pepper, place in slow cooker. Add beef broth, cream of mushroom soup, and onion soup mix.
2. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour. Add sliced mushrooms.
3. Reduce heat to LOW and cook for 7 hours. Transfer roast to a serving platter, reserving juices.
4. Whisk together cornstarch and water. Whisk into juices and increase heat to HIGH, cooking uncovered for 1 minute or until thickened, whisking frequently.
5. Serve roast with gravy over rice or mashed potatoes.
Pairs Well With
Love this one because it's so hearty and easy to prepare! We made a couple of alterations from the original recipe found in our cookbook.