Roast with Onion and Mushroom Gravy
Why I Love This Recipe
Love this one because it's so hearty and easy to prepare! We made a couple of alterations from the original recipe found in our cookbook.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 2.5 lb boneless beef chuck shoulder roast, trimmed
3/4 teaspoon pepper
1 14-oz can low-sodium beef broth
1 10.75 oz can cream of mushroom w/ roasted garlic soup
1 1 oz envelope dry onion soup mix
1 package white mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
1. Sprinkle roast with pepper, place in slow cooker. Add beef broth, cream of mushroom soup, and onion soup mix.
2. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour. Add sliced mushrooms.
3. Reduce heat to LOW and cook for 7 hours. Transfer roast to a serving platter, reserving juices.
4. Whisk together cornstarch and water. Whisk into juices and increase heat to HIGH, cooking uncovered for 1 minute or until thickened, whisking frequently.
5. Serve roast with gravy over rice or mashed potatoes.