- Cooking Time: 8 hours
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 2.5 lb boneless beef chuck shoulder roast, trimmed
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 14-oz can low-sodium beef broth
- 1 10.75 oz can cream of mushroom w/ roasted garlic soup
- 1 1 oz envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 package white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1. Sprinkle roast with pepper, place in slow cooker. Add beef broth, cream of mushroom soup, and onion soup mix.
- 2. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour. Add sliced mushrooms.
- 3. Reduce heat to LOW and cook for 7 hours. Transfer roast to a serving platter, reserving juices.
- 4. Whisk together cornstarch and water. Whisk into juices and increase heat to HIGH, cooking uncovered for 1 minute or until thickened, whisking frequently.
- 5. Serve roast with gravy over rice or mashed potatoes.
NotesLove this one because it's so hearty and easy to prepare! We made a couple of alterations from the original recipe found in our cookbook.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More