- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 (1 1/2 - to 1 3/4-lb) acorn squash
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, or to taste
- 1 to 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh hot red chile, including seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Put oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat oven to 450°F. Halve squash lengthwise, then cut off and discard stem ends. Scoop out seeds and cut squash lengthwise into 3/4-inch-wide wedges. Toss squash with black pepper, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons oil in a bowl, then arrange, cut sides down, in 2 large shallow baking pans. Roast squash, switching position of pans halfway through roasting, until squash is tender and undersides of wedges are golden brown, 25 to 35 minutes.
- While squash roasts, mince garlic and mash to a paste with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Transfer paste to a small bowl and whisk in lime juice, chile (to taste), cilantro, and remaining 1/4 cup oil until combined. Transfer squash, browned sides up, to a platter and drizzle with vinaigrette.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More