- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1½ teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ hot water. Doesn’t need to be boiling hot.
- Preheat oven to 400
- Stack the asparagus and trim off woody ends
- Spread the asparagus in a single layer onto a rimmed baking pan
- Sprinkle with the olive oil and some salt and pepper
- Roast for 10 minutes
- You want them to have a snap when biting into them. You don’t want them mushy.
- ~~Make the Sauce~~
- Combine the tahini, honey, maple syrup and 2 tablespoons of the hot water.
- Stir to combine. If the sauce is too thick add a little more water until it thins out. You want the sauce to be loose enough to pour onto the asparagus. (this can be done in a blender)
- Taste the sauce, if it seems too sweet to you, add a little more tahini and a little more water and stir again.
- Pour onto the asparagus and enjoy!
NotesThis is a unique way to use tahini. Tahini is very common in Middle Eastern cuisine which I love.
Submitted by: "Norma Dimsey"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More