- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound asparagus spears
- 3 or 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425'F.
- Cut off the woody bottom part of the asparagus spears and discard.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the skin off the bottom 2-3 inches of the spears.
- If you skip the peeling step, the asparagus will be stringy on the bottom.
- Place asparagus on the foil and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and roll the asparagus around until they are evenly coated with oil and salt.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the stalks and desired tenderness.
- The tips of the spears can burn, so check often if cooking for longer than 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
NotesI just love this.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Black Bean Salad
Gabriola Clam Chowder
PUMPKIN CUSTARD PROFITEROLES WITH MAPLE CARAMELSee More