- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 heads baby bok choy (1 1/4 pounds), trimmed, leaves separated
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon or 3/4 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon mirin (see Note)
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss bok choy, oil, garlic and salt in a roasting pan.
- Roast on lowest rack, stirring twice, until wilted and tender-crisp, about 6 minutes.
- Whisk lemon zest and juice, tarragon, mirin and pepper in a small bowl.
- Drizzle over the roasted bok choy.
- NUTRITION INFORMATION: Per serving: 58 calories; 5 g fat (0 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrate; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 110 mg sodium; 12 mg potassium.
- Nutrition bonus: Vitamin A (110% daily value), Vitamin C (60% dv).
- 0 Carbohydrate Servings
- Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
- TIP: Note: Mirin is a low-alcohol rice wine essential to Japanese cooking. Look for it in your supermarket with the Asian or gourmet ingredients. An equal portion of sherry or white wine with a pinch of sugar may be substituted.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More