- Cooking Time: 1h50 min
- Servings: Serves 6
- Preparation Time: 20 min
- 2 cups of potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups of beets, peeled and diced
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 onion (or 2 fresh onions), diced
- 1 strand of garlic scape (or 1 garlic clove), chopped
- 4 cups of your favourite broth (veggie, mushroom, etc.)
- 1/2 tsp dry thyme
- 1 laurel leaf
- 1 ½ cup of your favourite milk (almond, soy, cow, etc.)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F (190 ° C). Place the cubed potatoes and beets on a baking sheet. Brush with 1 Tbsp tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until everything is tender, about 1 hour and let cool.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and sauté the onion, celery and garlic and cook, stirring, until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the diced potatoes and beets, broth, thyme and bay leaf and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 45 minutes, until tender celery.
- Remove from heat. Removes the bay leaf (very important!) And puree in a blender diving. Add milk and lemon juice, heat and serve.
NotesA delicious and colourful soup that kids often love!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More