- Cooking Time: 1h50 min
- Servings: Serves 6
- Preparation Time: 20 min
- 2 cups of potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups of beets, peeled and diced
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 onion (or 2 fresh onions), diced
- 1 strand of garlic scape (or 1 garlic clove), chopped
- 4 cups of your favourite broth (veggie, mushroom, etc.)
- 1/2 tsp dry thyme
- 1 laurel leaf
- 1 ½ cup of your favourite milk (almond, soy, cow, etc.)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F (190 ° C). Place the cubed potatoes and beets on a baking sheet. Brush with 1 Tbsp tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until everything is tender, about 1 hour and let cool.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and sauté the onion, celery and garlic and cook, stirring, until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the diced potatoes and beets, broth, thyme and bay leaf and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 45 minutes, until tender celery.
- Remove from heat. Removes the bay leaf (very important!) And puree in a blender diving. Add milk and lemon juice, heat and serve.
NotesA delicious and colourful soup that kids often love!
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3See More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More