- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 medium beets, leaves trimmed, or 1/2 pound roasted beets from deli or salad bar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 sprigs thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4-ounce log goat cheese
- 1 small bunch chives, finely sliced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Crostini or bread sticks, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- If using raw beets, wash them clean of sand and dirt. Set aside to air dry or dry well with a towel or paper towel. If using roasted beets, proceed to food processor step.
- Toss the beets in a mixing bowl with oil, thyme, a few pinches of salt and about 15 grinds of pepper.
- Turn the beets out onto a baking sheet and roast until fork tender, shaking the pan occasionally to insure even cooking, about 40 minutes.
- Remove beets from oven and set aside to cool. (You can do this up to a couple days ahead of time if you store them sealed in the refrigerator.)
- Remove and discard the skins from the beets. Cut beets into quarters. Add the beet quarters to a food processor or blender. Pulse a few times until beets are roughed up into small but still chunky pieces.
- Dump the blended beets into a serving bowl. Crumble the goat cheese into the beets and add the chives and lemon juice. Toss together and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with crostini or breadsticks.
NotesI got this wonderful recipe from FoodNetwork. I love the combination of roasted beets and goat cheese. Very savory and earthy!
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More