- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI LOVE roasted veggies. So when I saw this in Bon Appetit I had to try it. I do on occasion steam broccoli, but have to gag it down unless its in cheese sauce. I just sprinkled a little spice mix on this.
A few words of warning: Don't take it to work and reheat it. Apparently it stinks. Lots of complaints from the coworkers. Also, watch the oven. The second time I made it I set off the smoke alarms...that may just be my horrible apartment oven that overheats and does not vent well...
- 1 1/2 pounds (about 1 large bunch) broccoli, stalks trimmed to 2 inches below crowns
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup grated Asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cut each crown of broccoli lengthwise into 4 spears.
- Place broccoli in large bowl; toss with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Transfer broccoli to large rimmed baking sheet.
- Add grated Asiago cheese to same bowl.
- Roast broccoli until crisp-tender and stalks begin to brown, about 25 minutes.
- Return broccoli to bowl with cheese.
- Using tongs, toss to coat.