- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 sweet onion, rough chopped
- 1 large can of chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 large butternut squash
- heavy cream (optional)
- Stale bread
- salt and pepper
- Saute in butter, the cubed bread, sage, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cut squash in half and then in half lengthwise so that you see all the seeds.
- Place cut squash cut side down on parchment paper and bake at 375 degrees till pulp is soft.
- Scoop pulp out of skin.
- Saute pulp in butter and onions.
- Add chicken stock plus 1 cup of water.
- Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Use an Immersion Blender to puree the soup mixture.
- Add a little salt and pepper to taste.
- At this point you can add a little heavy cream and dried bread croutons.
- Or you can add a dollup of sour cream
NotesSaw this recipe on our local Public Broadcasting Network cooking show.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More