- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 sweet onion, rough chopped
- 1 large can of chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 large butternut squash
- heavy cream (optional)
- Stale bread
- salt and pepper
- Saute in butter, the cubed bread, sage, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cut squash in half and then in half lengthwise so that you see all the seeds.
- Place cut squash cut side down on parchment paper and bake at 375 degrees till pulp is soft.
- Scoop pulp out of skin.
- Saute pulp in butter and onions.
- Add chicken stock plus 1 cup of water.
- Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Use an Immersion Blender to puree the soup mixture.
- Add a little salt and pepper to taste.
- At this point you can add a little heavy cream and dried bread croutons.
- Or you can add a dollup of sour cream
NotesSaw this recipe on our local Public Broadcasting Network cooking show.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More