- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 butternut squash, about 1 1/2 pounds, washed well
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 apples, cored, chopped into half-inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Set oven to 375F. Place a glass or ceramic baking dish in the oven to preheat.
- Place the squash in the microwave for 3 minutes to soften. Remove the skin, seeds and membrane, then into half-inch cubes. (Don't forget to refer to the tutorial for tips). In a large bowl, toss the squash with remaining squash ingredients, coating the cubes well with butter and spices. Transfer to baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Combine apples, maple syrup and balsamic vinegar. Arrange apples over the squash. Re-cover with foil, bake for another 10 minutes.
- Uncover the dish, stir and bake for about another 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until the squash is fully cooked and the liquid is absorbed. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Serve immediately.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More