- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 medium butternut squash, about 2-3 lbs.
- 2 pears
- 5-7 dried sage leaves (or about 1 tsp crushed/powdered dried sage)
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- olive oil
- black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Peel the squash, remove the seeds and membrane. Cut squash into 2″ chunks.
- Peel and core the pears. Cut into quarters.
- Toss the squash and pears with olive oil, salt, pepper, and sage. Place in roasting pan.
- Roast the squash and pears in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes, until they are very soft.
- In a pan, heat some olive oil.
- Add the diced onion and garlic.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is transparent, about 5-7 minutes.
- Working in batches and filling the blender no more than halfway full, place in the blender some of the roasted squash and pear, onion and garlic, and chicken stock. Pour into a large soup pot.
- Puree the rest of the ingredients in batches until smooth.
- Heat through and serve.
NotesThis is a soup that's perfect for Fall! The richness and nuttiness of the butternut squash pairs well with the hint of sweetness from the pear.
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Jesuit Tampa - Between Practice and HomeworkSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More