- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 medium Roma tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 container (8 oz.) mozzarella cheese, cut in 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Lemon Vinaigrette: recipe follows
- Place chicken in 1-gallon zip bag. Add Lemon Vinaigrette, seal and marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes. Cut each tomato into quarters, lengthwise. Place in medium bowl and toss gently with sugar, salt and olive oil. Spoon tomato mixture onto rimmed cookie sheet so that tomato pieces don't touch. Place in 375 degree F. oven and roast for 30 minutes. Spoon tomatoes and all accumulated juices into small bowl. Add cheese, basil leaves and pepper, tossing gently. Let sit at room temperature while chicken cooks. Remove chicken and discard marinade. Place chicken on same cookie sheet used to roast tomatoes. Roast at 350 degree F. for about 30 minutes, turning once. To serve, place one chicken breast half on each heated dinner plate. Spoon 1/4 of tomato mixture over top. Makes 4 servings.
- Lemon Vinaigrette: In small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, 1 clove garlic (minced), 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Lau Family RecipesSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More