- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt, pepper
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomato pesto or tapenade
- 12 large spinach leaves, stemmed
- 8 teaspoons (2 ounces) goat cheese
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and line a jellyroll pan with parchment paper.
- Two at a time, place the chicken breasts, smooth side up, between two pieces of plastic wrap (or use a ziploc bag). Gently and evenly pound the chicken to about 1/4 inch thick with a meat mallet.
- place each pounded breast lengthwise on the parchment covered pan, smooth side down. Season with salt and pepper. Spread pesto over the surface of each piece of chicken, dividing evenly. Press 3 spinach leaves on top of each breasts and add 2 teaspoons goat cheese. Very gently and tightly, roll the chicken away from you. Rub the top of each roulade with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the roulades until the internal temp is 165 (about 20 minutes). At the 18 minute mark cut into one of the roulades to see if the chicken is cooked through; if not return to the oven for 2-3 minutes.
NotesI found this in the L.A. Times several years ago, I think it is credited to Valentina Kenney. Once you get the basic roulade concept down, you can experiment with all kinds of fillings
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More