- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (4-pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Whisk the vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper in small bowl to blend. Combine the vinaigrette and chicken pieces in a large resealable plastic bag; seal the bag and toss to coat. Refrigerate, turning the chicken pieces occasionally, for at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Remove chicken from the bag and arrange the chicken pieces on a large greased baking dish. Roast until the chicken is just cooked through, about 1 hour. If your chicken browns too quickly, cover it with foil for the remaining cooking time. Transfer the chicken to a serving platter. Place the baking dish on a burner over medium-low heat. Whisk the chicken broth into the pan drippings, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the baking sheet with a wooden spoon and mixing them into the broth and pan drippings. Drizzle the pan drippings over the chicken. Sprinkle the lemon zest and parsley over the chicken, and serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Fit With Good Food!
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More