- Cooking Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20 min Chicken - 15 min
- one 6-pound roasting chicken
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 white onion
- 3 white potatoes
- 5 carrots
- one 14 1/2-ounce can chicken broth
- 4 cups chicken broth from roasted chicken
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place chicken in roasting pan and sprinkle with seasoned salt. (Wash hands.)
- Wash and peel all vegetables.
- Cut onion, potatoes and carrots into 1-inch cubes.
- Add all vegetables to chicken in pan. Pour broth over all ingredients, cover and roast for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Preheat saucepan on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Place chicken and vegetables on serving platter and cover. Pour drippings from roasted chicken (up to 4 cups) into saucepan. If necessary, add water to drippings to make 4 cups of liquid.
- Add chicken bouillon and whisk well.
- In small mixing bowl, whisk half and half and cornstarch until smooth.
- When broth begins to boil, add half and half mixture; whisk to blend. Turn heat to medium low and simmer 3-4 minutes or until gravy thickens.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. (Makes 10 servings.)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More