- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- One 5-pound chicken, cut into pieces (halve breasts crosswise if large)
- 1 cup pepitas (peeled pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 Fresno chile or jalapeno, seeded if desired and finely diced
- 1/4 small red onion, finely diced
- . Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Combine 2 tablespoons of the oil with the cumin, coriander, 2 teaspoons kosher salt and 1 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Rub the spiced oil all over the chicken pieces and place on a foil-lined shallow-rimmed baking sheet. Roast until the chicken is golden brown and crisp and a thermometer inserted into the thickest parts registers 165 degrees F, about 45 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, toast the pepitas in a large dry skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 5 minutes. Cool and coarsely chop. Transfer to a medium bowl, add the cilantro, lime juice, chiles, onions, remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 3/4 teaspoon salt and toss together.
- 3. Arrange the chicken pieces on a platter and serve with the bowl of salsa on the side, accompanied by Mexican rice and black beans.
Protein: 46 grams
Carbohydrates: 4 grams
Fat: 26 g
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking for a Cure
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More