- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil, divided
- 1 small onion, diced (about 1/3 cup
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, diced (remove seeds/ribs to your spice preference)
- 1 medium to large chicken breast (8-10 oz.), cooked and shredded or cubed
- 1/4 cup water or broth
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1 cup black beans
- 2 small-medium ears (about 1 cup) roasted corn, cut off the cob*
- 2 tsp. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 4 large (burrito sized) flour tortillas
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of the canola oil in a large skillet and once it’s hot, add the onion to saute. As the onion becomes translucent, stir in the garlic and jalapeno, until the garlic is fragrant. Add the next 6 ingredients, bring to a light boil, and then simmer for 5-10 minutes to combine the flavors. Off the heat, stir in the corn and cream cheese.
- Heat another large pan or a cast iron skillet (which you know I used) over medium-high, and add 1/2 Tbsp. oil. Build a quesadilla by layering half the mixture and half the shredded cheese onto a flour tortilla. Top with a second tortilla, and then add to the hot pan. Heat until browned on one side, and then flip and cook until browned on other and cheese has melted. Repeat with second quesadilla.
- *You can do this on the grill, in a hot oven, or under your broiler. Either way, I rub with just a little bit of canola oil before making it. Grill/roast until black in spots, flipping occasionally to cook evenly.
NotesI came upon a couple extra ears of corn, and then whipped this up with ingredients I always have around. Delicious!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More