- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb frozen sweet corn
- 2oz butter
- 2oz red chili powder
- 2ea red, orange or yellow bell peppers
- 2ea jalapenos
- 2oz light olive oil
- 1pt fat free skim milk
- 2ea 14oz cans cream of mushroom soup (98% fat free)
- Place corn on a cookie sheet and spread out evenly. Place in a 350 degree oven and roast until partially brown.
- Devein and seed the bell peppers and jalapenos. Cut into strips. Coat them lightly with the olive oil and roast in a 350 degree oven.
- Add butter to pot and add the roasted corn. Saute corn in butter until warmed through then add chili powder. Let incorporate and turn off the heat.
- Take 1/2 of the bell pepper slices and dice very small then, set aside.
- Add 1/2 cooked corn mixture; remaining bell pepper and milk to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Return blended mixture to the pot; add the cream soup and turn the heat back on. Simmer the chowder until completely blended and warmed through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve topped with the diced bell peppers.
NotesThis is a recipe for those days when you've got a few bell peppers; some frozen corn; a few jalapenos and some canned soup in the pantry -- and nothing else. Or, if you just feel like having a smoky, spicy vegetable cream soup! This is a healthy choice with a punch!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More