- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced,to taste
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (add more if you want spicy)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- sour cream
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2. Place corn in a large baking pan; add 1 Tbs olive oil and stir the corn to coat.
- 3. Bake until the corn is browned, stirring once, about 20 mins total.
- 4. Note: Corn sometimes does not brown, but bake until it smells roasted.
- 5. While corn is roasting, cook onion in remaining 1 Tbs olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- 6. Add garlic, cumin, and chili powder and cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute.
- 7. Stir in broth, beans, and tomatoes; reduce heat to simmer.
- 8. Cover and cook 15 mins then stir in corn and simmer for additional 5 minutes.
- 9. Serve chili with sour cream and shredded cheese.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
MetroCooking DC 2013
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More