Roasted Corn and Black Bean Chili
1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced,to taste
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder (add more if you want spicy)
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Place corn in a large baking pan; add 1 Tbs olive oil and stir the corn to coat.
3. Bake until the corn is browned, stirring once, about 20 mins total.
4. Note: Corn sometimes does not brown, but bake until it smells roasted.
5. While corn is roasting, cook onion in remaining 1 Tbs olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
6. Add garlic, cumin, and chili powder and cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute.
7. Stir in broth, beans, and tomatoes; reduce heat to simmer.
8. Cover and cook 15 mins then stir in corn and simmer for additional 5 minutes.
9. Serve chili with sour cream and shredded cheese.