ROASTED CORNISH GAME HENS
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon-pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 Cornish game hens, about 1 1/2 pounds each, rinsed and dried thoroughly
- 1 green bell pepper, large dice
- 2 stalks celery, large dice
- 1 onion, large dice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together salt, lemon pepper, dried basil and poultry seasoning. Rub olive oil all over the hens and season each with the salt mixture. Place the hens on a baking sheet pan with plenty of space between them. You may need to use 2 pans. Loosely stuff the cavities of each hen with some green bell pepper, celery and onion. Roast the hens in the preheated oven for about 1 hour or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 165 degrees F and the juices run clear. Remove the hens from the oven, loosely tent with foil and let rest 10 minutes before carving or serving.
- TIPS: Line the baking sheet pan with foil under the wire rack for an easy clean-up. The veggies and herbs stuffed in the cavities of the hens will impart flavor to the meat as it cooks. Be sure not to crowd the hens on the baking sheets or else the skin won't crisp up properly and they will take much longer to cook.
NotesCompliments of the Neelys from the Food Network. Although I didn't have any cornish hens, I used legs and the seasoning (omitting the stuffing) and it was wonderful!!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More