Roasted Dill Potatoes with Mushrooms and Peppers
Why I Love This Recipe
This dish makes a great side dish for roasted chicken or fish. The recipe calls for cooking the potatoes in two stages. The low-temperature stage ensures that the potatoes are cooked-through and nicely tender inside. The high-temperature stage gives the potatoes a crunchy browned crust outside. The baking pan you use should be large enough for the potatoes to cover the bottom as one layer, or close to one layer.
Ingredients You'll Need
3 large potatoes or 4 medium potatoes
2 garlic cloves,minced
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Dry dill or parsley
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 bell pepper (preferably green)
1/2 lb mushrooms
• Chop potatoes into quarters. Place into baking pan as one layer.
• Sprinkle with dry herbs, salt and pepper.
• Add 2 minced garlic cloves and vegetable oil. Mix well.
• Bake at 350 °F for about 1 hour, or until the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork. Take the potatoes out of the oven and heat the oven to 500 °F. Put the potatoes back into the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
• While the potatoes are baking, slice the mushrooms and chop the pepper into bite-size pieces. In a skillet, fry the green pepper and mushrooms until the pepper is easily pierced with a fork. Mix with potatoes.