Roasted Dill Potatoes with Mushrooms and Peppers
3 large potatoes or 4 medium potatoes
2 garlic cloves,minced
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Dry dill or parsley
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 bell pepper (preferably green)
1/2 lb mushrooms
• Chop potatoes into quarters. Place into baking pan as one layer.
• Sprinkle with dry herbs, salt and pepper.
• Add 2 minced garlic cloves and vegetable oil. Mix well.
• Bake at 350 °F for about 1 hour, or until the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork. Take the potatoes out of the oven and heat the oven to 500 °F. Put the potatoes back into the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
• While the potatoes are baking, slice the mushrooms and chop the pepper into bite-size pieces. In a skillet, fry the green pepper and mushrooms until the pepper is easily pierced with a fork. Mix with potatoes.
Pairs Well With
This dish makes a great side dish for roasted chicken or fish. The recipe calls for cooking the potatoes in two stages. The low-temperature stage ensures that the potatoes are cooked-through and nicely tender inside. The high-temperature stage gives the potatoes a crunchy browned crust outside. The baking pan you use should be large enough for the potatoes to cover the bottom as one layer, or close to one layer.