Roasted Eggplant Rolls
2 Tbsp. Olive oil
1 eggplant (1.5 lb.) peeled and sliced lengthwise 1/4" thick
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 can (16 oz.) diced tomatoes
1 c. full-fat ricotta cheese
1 c. coarsely chopped spinach
1/4 c. reduced fat mozzarella
1 TBSP. dried basil
1 Tbsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 c. tomato sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Brush 1 tbsp. of the oil on the sliced eggplant and roast it until tender - about 15 minutes.
2. Sauté the onion in the remaining 1 tbsp. of oil until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes (with juice) and simmer for 15 min.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the ricotta, spinach, mozzarella, basil, oregano and garlic. Add salt & pepper to taste.
4. Lightly coat a baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon the cheese mixture on each slice of the eggplant and roll up like a jelly roll. Place the eggplant in the dish. Continue until all the eggplant is used.
5. Top with the tomato sauce and bake for 30 minutes.