- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe is loosely based on something from the New York Times. I tweaked a few ingredients to suit our tastes.
- 1 medium or large eggplant
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 6 ounces feta
- 1/3 cup fresh mint
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- To make the vinaigarette, combine olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper.
- Trim eggplant and cut into 1" cubes. Combine eggplant chunks with 1/3-1/2 of the vinaigarette. Roast at 425 degrees for about 30-40 minutes until slighly softened. Set aside and cool, while preparing the other ingredients.
- Slice the grape tomatoes in half, and put in a large bowl. Add the mint leaves (I leave them whole). crumble the feta into large chunks, and add to the bowl.
- When the eggplant is slightly cooled, add to the bowl, and pur on the rest of the vinaigarette. Toss to combine, and serve.
- Notes: This can be served right away, or can be refrigerated for one day until ready to serve.
- It's delicious as leftovers on its own or mixed with some whole wheat pasta.
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
L. Kayell presents: Cook with the WOW Characters of iN Education, Inc.
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Frank's Redhot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Applesauce Oaties – Great, Great Grandma Hannon
Pumpkin CheesecakeSee More