ROASTED GARLIC, POBLANO AND RED PEPPER GUACAMOLE
- 6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium poblano pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ripe peeled avocado, seeded and coarsely mashed
Preheat oven to 450F. To prepare guacamole, wrap garlic cloves in foil; bake at 450F for 15 minutes or until soft. Let cool slightly; remove skins. Place garlic in a medium bowl; mash with a fork.
Cut peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 15 minutes or until blackened, turning frequently. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and finely chop. Add peppers, onions, and next 4 ingredients (through avocado) to mashed garlic; stir well.