- Cooking Time: 1 h
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- • 1 Australian leg of lamb, bone-in
- • 2 heads garlic, halved
- • 3 tablespoons olive oil
- • salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- • 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- • 3 pounds small red potatoes, halved
- • grilled asparagus or preferred vegetable, to serve
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cut off the tips of the heads of garlic and brush the cut sides with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Set garlic cut-side down on a sheet pan and roast until it is soft to the touch, about 30 minutes. Let garlic cool for 5 minutes, then squeeze the roasted cloves out of the garlic and into a bowl. Mash with a fork and spread over the top of the lamb (see tip).
- 2. Meanwhile, place the lamb in a large roasting pan and season with salt, pepper and half of the rosemary. Allow to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to an hour. Place the potatoes in an ovenproof dish and toss with the remaining oil and rosemary. Set aside.
- 3. Roast lamb for about 1 hour 40 minutes, until it registers 130-135°F on a meat thermometer for a medium-rare roast, or until the juices run clear when a sharp knife or skewer is inserted in the thickest part of the meat. When the lamb has been roasting for 40 or 50 minutes, place the potatoes in the oven and bake until well browned and tender.
- 4. Transfer the lamb to a warm platter and let rest for 15 minutes. (It will continue to cook as it rests.) Carve and serve with the potatoes and asparagus.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More