- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs. russet potatoes, peeled and cut up into large chunks
- 2 each heads of garlic, roasted
- 1/2 cup butter, salted
- 1/2 cup sour cream (more if you need it)
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Place the cut up potatoes into a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are done, but not falling apart (do not over cook the potatoes or they will be runny after you mash them)
- Drain the potatoes and place them back in the pot, place back on the burner until any residual moisture is gone.
- Add the butter and, using a potato masher, mash them together until the butter is all incorporated.
- Unwrap the garlic and pureE the cloves and mix into the potatoes , still using the masher, stir vigorously until the garlic is mixed in
- Add the sour cream and mix until they are as creamy as you would like (remember, you can add more sour cream, but once it is in...you can't take it out)
- Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
NotesComfort food at its finest...
These potatoes are not designed to be smooth, they are mashed, not whipped.
If you like, replace all or part of the butter with extra virgin olive oil...just to be different...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More