ROASTED JERUSALEM ARTICHOKES WITH GARLIC AND HERBS
- Servings: 4
- 1 1/4 pounds Jerusalem artichokes
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Remove any knobby protrusions from Jerusalem artichokes with a paring knife. Scrub them thoroughly under cold running water.
Cut Jerusalem artichokes into 1-inch cubes; toss with oil on a large rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Roast, stirring two or three times, until golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Sprinkle with garlic, rosemary, oregano and thyme; toss to coat evenly. Continue to roast until garlic is golden but not browned, about 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
Per serving: 175 calories; 7g fat (36 percent calories from fat); 1g saturated fat; no cholesterol; 3g protein; 25g carbohydrate; 14g sugar; 2.5g fiber; 6mg sodium; 28mg calcium; 621mg potassium.