- Cooking Time: 40 minutes + cooling
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 3 large sweet onions, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup plus 1/2 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 shallots, quartered
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1. Place onions in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with 1/4 cup oil; toss to coat. Place garlic on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Drizzle with remaining oil. Wrap foil around garlic; place on baking pan with onions.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until onions are lightly browned and garlic is tender, turning onions occasionally. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- 3. In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, cheese and walnuts; top with onions.
- 4. For dressing, place vinegar and shallots in a blender; squeeze softened garlic into blender. Cover and pulse until blended. Add parsley and pepper flakes. Cover and process, gradually adding oil in a steady stream. Serve with salad.
NotesTry this impressive salad at your next dinner party or during the holidays. Roasting the onions and garlic creates a depth of flavor you just can't get with any other cooking method!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More